Author Topic: Can't log into university mail  (Read 3809 times)

IvanDrago

Can't log into university mail
« on: April 29, 2017, 07:49:12 pm »
Everything works fine, but I just can't log into my university account :/ It always says 535 incorrect authentification data
I looked at the tutorial of my university on how to set up the mail account with android and checked that the settings are the same, but it's still not working.
The settings are:

Posteingang mail.uni-paderborn.de Verschlüsselung SSL Port 993
Postausgang mail.uni-paderborn.de Verschlüsselung SSL Port 465

Not sure about the correct english translation so I left it in German, but I think you understand what that means

Hope to be able to fix this, because I really like this app and would like to continue using it

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 07:50:54 pm by IvanDrago »

mikeone

Re: Can't log into university mail
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 08:35:22 pm »
Your server name 'mail.uni-paderborn.de' (for both incoming and outgoing) and port settings (incoming: 993 - SSL; outgoing: 465 - SSL) seems correct.

However, please check your log-in data as follows:

-> long-press on account name -> Account setup -> enter your username (benutzername@mail.uni-paderborn.de) and your password -> press MANUAL (not: NEXT) -> on the next screen (Incoming server settings): check your username and reenter your password -> press NEXT -> on the next screen (Outgoing server settings): check your username and reenter your password -> press NEXT -> on the next screen: press SAVE
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 08:42:56 pm by mikeone »

mikeone

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 08:51:00 pm »
In addition to that you should check if the option "DNS resolution" is enabled:
> App settings > Network

IvanDrago

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 08:54:06 pm »
Thanks, I did everything you said but it still doesn't work. I am always getting the same "outgoing mail server" error. DNS resolution is enabled, too

mikeone

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 10:17:14 pm »
Thanks, I did everything you said but it still doesn't work. I am always getting the same "outgoing mail server" error. DNS resolution is enabled, too

What you could try:
Use manual account setup and change the outgoing server’s security from “SSL (strict)” to “SSL (accept any)”.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 12:37:32 am by mikeone »

IvanDrago

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 12:32:07 am »

What you could try:
Use manual l account setup and tchange the outgoing server’s security from “SSL (strict)” to “SSL (accept any)”.

Unfortunately this doesn't work either, still the same error

mikeone

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 12:48:15 am »

What you could try:
Use manual l account setup and tchange the outgoing server’s security from “SSL (strict)” to “SSL (accept any)”.

Unfortunately this doesn't work either, still the same error
Just to clarify:
How is your account configured (in AquaMail);
As IMAP or POP3?

StR

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 01:09:24 am »
Try entering your username (by doing "manualx configuration as described by mikeone in the first post) without the hostname. I.e. just what is before @.
Ssl strict should be OK.

IvanDrago

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 01:16:23 am »
Try entering your username (by doing "manualx configuration as described by mikeone in the first post) without the hostname. I.e. just what is before @.
Ssl strict should be OK.

It works now  :) Thanks a lot