Author Topic: Send to folder AND Mark as read  (Read 4443 times)

Luca1010

Send to folder AND Mark as read
« on: January 14, 2015, 11:33:34 am »
Hello,

Is it possible using swipe actions in msg list to send to folder AND mark as read in a single action?

Idea: allow user to cumulare swipe actions so if the first is Mark read and the second is send to folder then the second will (optionally) execute also the first.

Regards
Luca

Luca1010

Re: Send to folder AND Mark as read
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 04:04:44 pm »
I recognise that the cumulative action is not for the faint of heart   ;D
Maybe it could be a new single action available for swipe: archive and Mark read. So everyone can choose the best behaviour.

Or a checkbox mark as read in the form where you choose the folder.

mikeone

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 09:36:31 pm »
Luca,

As a user, I would swipe first to mark read, than swipe to move to folder. Not very time consuming ;)

+1
I agree with Paris Geek's suggestion to leave it at a single action for each swipe action ... for the time being (.until Kostya has implemented an undo function)

1. action : mark read
2. action : move to folder...

Mikeone

Luca1010

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 10:56:43 am »
Paris Geek,  it is not only a matter of time.
If you are working in the inbox folder sorted "unread first"  you cannot change folder AND mark read with 2 actions because the first action will move the message so you should look for it either in read or in the new folder.

mikeone

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 11:50:15 pm »
Paris Geek,  it is not only a matter of time.
If you are working in the inbox folder sorted "unread first"  you cannot change folder AND mark read with 2 actions because the first action will move the message so you should look for it either in read or in the new folder.

... uh, that's even true, very good argument
-> therefore an new option "mark read if move to (any) folder..." in global 'Mail, other' settings could be a useful solution.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:06:08 am by mikeone »