Author Topic: AquaMail, two phones, same email acct.  (Read 2871 times)

carenm

AquaMail, two phones, same email acct.
« on: September 11, 2015, 03:14:51 am »
Can AquaMail be on two phones, using the same email account, and each receive their own copy of each email? 

Hubby and I both use AquaMail and use the same email account.   When I mark an email as deleted or read on my phone, when his phone/aquamail syncs, the same email is deleted/marked read.  I know this is the reverse of what most folks want.   :-)  Thank you for help!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

crashdamage

Re: AquaMail, two phones, same email acct.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 06:50:55 pm »
It's not quite clear in your post, but I think what your asking for is email read and/or deleted on Hubby's phone to still show up as unread and/or undeleted on your phone.  If I'm correct about that, it can be done - almost.

To keep mail read on one phone still showing as unread on the other, try Mikeone's suggestion here:

http://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=3946.msg20540.msg#20540

Regarding deleted email, if it's deleted on one phone, it will go in Deleted on the other.  Can't change that.  But by doing as explained in the linked lost above, and going to:
Main settings > Mail, other > Mark read when deleting
...and unchecking that option, deleted mail will show as unread.

AFAIK that's about as close as you can get to what you want.  You will need to manually mark mail as read

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001

Android since v1.0.  Linux since 2001.

StR

Re: AquaMail, two phones, same email acct.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 08:22:23 pm »
In addition to what @crashdamage suggested (originally from @mikeone),
you can also configure:
Account settings (long touch on the account in the account list) -> Account options -> Deleting messages -> "Hide in the app, keep on the server".
This way, when one deletes the message, it is just hidden on that phone, and not actually deleted anywhere.

The caveat of this scheme is that eventually (periodically?), someone would have to actually delete all messages, - since nobody deletes them otherwise. (But that depends on the amount of mail and the mailbox limits imposed by the mail service provider.)

And as Mikeone described, - if you were to use POP3 and configure "do not delete messages on the server", then your individual mailboxes on the phones will be independent. But you might run into other problems and limitations pertaining to POP3 protocol (as opposed to IMAP). And you'd still have to clean the messages on the server periodically. Note, that one of the frequent POP3 limitations is the inability to serve concurrent connections to the same account.