English - Android > How do I...

Reply all - how to remove yourself

(1/3) > >>

macara:
Hi all!

Just starting with AquaMail, so pardon me if I overlooked the obvious, but I looked through all settings and searched form also. I cannot find how to remove yourself from recipient list when using "reply all" function. I am really not used to receive my replies, I always go to "sent" folder if I need to read it.

Thanks!

macara:
Clarification: this seem to happen only on EWS account. This particular one is on Office365. My Gmail account behaves normally. 
Sorry, cannot post corporate email screenshots on public forum.

StR:
Could you please take a careful look at your (1) incoming message and (2) your reply (before you send it):
In the incoming message, does your own e-mail appears exactly as in your setting for that account in Aquamail? If it is even slightly different, Aquamail has no way of knowing that it is the same and would keep that address in the list of addresses of the recipients of your reply.
Does your own e-mail address (in any form) appears in your reply before your send it? Please look carefully (you'll probably need to scroll to see the entire list)? If yes, - does it look the same as the address set in Aquamail account?

For your EWS account in Aquamail, - please check if it has "Bcc to myself" check-marked, as described by Paris Geek.

macara:
SiR,

Thank you for reply. BCC copy is off.
ID I used to setup EWS is "loginID"at"company.com". When I receive email, it's in the form of "firstname.lastname"at"company.com".  There are lots of aliases setup on my EWS.
I know that Outook for Android discovers them automatically.

My experience with Android is limited when it comes to corporate emailing. I used iPhone before and desktop Outlook clients. None had this behavior.

StR:

--- Quote from: macara on August 31, 2016, 04:51:02 pm ---ID I used to setup EWS is "loginID"at"company.com". When I receive email, it's in the form of "firstname.lastname"at"company.com".  There are lots of aliases setup on my EWS.
I know that Outook for Android discovers them automatically.

--- End quote ---
That's the culprit.

Unfortunately, there are some limitations of Aquamail working with Exchange aliases. I don't have personal expertise with Exchange, but just last week, there was a thread where Kostya was discussing problems with alias handling in Exchange (you can look it up).

There are two aspects of those limitations that I can see:
1. Alias autodiscovery. I suspect that Aquamail does not do that. (AFAIK, not all Exchange e-mail clients can do that.)
Without that Aquamail has no way of knowing that "firstname.lastname"  belongs to you, whose e-mail address is "loginID". I.e. it cannot discern your "firstname.lastname@company.com" from "YourColleagueFristname.LastName@company.com"? And, it cannot read your mind either. :-)

As for Outlook, - it sounds it can do alias discovery.

2. For IMAP accounts (in Aquamail Pro) you can set aliases. Then Aquamail would be aware of those and will exclude them from "Reply All". Unfortunately at this point, as I read in the aforementioned thread, there is now such capability for Exchange accounts in Aquamail.

--- Quote from: macara on August 31, 2016, 04:51:02 pm ---My experience with Android is limited when it comes to corporate emailing. I used iPhone before and desktop Outlook clients. None had this behavior.

--- End quote ---

If I am correct, at this point, this is a difference in Aquamail's behavior with respect to aliases in Exchange. You might need to adjust your workflow to that.
One obvious possibility is just get used to seeing /ignore the copies of your own messages.
There might be some workarounds, but I don't work with Exchange myself.
(Possible workaround: automatically filter out the messages from yourself to a separate folder)

Kostya might correct me on the details here, and will probably suggest some additional ideas. And some other Exchange users might chime in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version