Author Topic: Missing Client-Side "Spam" Folder  (Read 2073 times)

BigbirdPhila

Missing Client-Side "Spam" Folder
« on: June 13, 2017, 05:00:18 am »
Just configured two IMAP accounts in AquaMail.  One shows folders named Spam and SpamDetector which can be configured to sync.  The other shows only SpamDetector.  No Spam folder.  Both accounts have a Spam folder on the server side.  I deleted the SpamDetector-only account and re-configured it.  Same problem.  I configured SpamDetector to "Sync as spam" and it appears to be syncing with the server's Spam folder, but I'd prefer to sync the server's Spam folder with the Spam folder on the phone (which is missing) just to keep the naming consistent.  I'm using AquaMail Pro V1.10.0-403.

BigbirdPhila

Re: Missing Client-Side "Spam" Folder
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 05:11:06 am »
I think I answered my own "problem".  The "good" account actually had an extra folder named "Spam" which somehow had been created.  I deleted it.  Now they both show only SpamDetector, which I assume AquaMail automatically maps to the server's "Spam" folder.  So, I assume the correct way to sync the phone's Spam folder with the server's Spam folder is to set AquaMail's SpamDetector folder to "sync as spam".  Please correct me if I am wrong.

StR

Re: Missing Client-Side "Spam" Folder
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 05:40:10 am »
The way I understood you, you arrived to the right conclusion:
You want to configure Aquamail's Spam folder to point to (to sync with) whatever is considered to be  the Spam-folder by the server (the actual name can be different, depending on the server, language, etc.), by setting it to "sync as spam".