Author Topic: how can i export message  (Read 11425 times)

den31

how can i export message
« on: November 30, 2014, 09:12:14 am »
Hello,
Is there a way to export message database to import it on another phone ? I'll change my phone soon, and i would like not to lose all my mails.
I found how to export settings but nothing for emails. It could be a great feature as smartphone are usually changed after 1 or 2 years.
Thanks for this great app.

Regards
Denis

den31

Re: how can i export message
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 02:17:45 pm »
For personal reason, I use pop settings, so my mails are only stored in local database.
That's the problem...
 Thanks for your help.

den31

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 05:04:51 pm »
Ah, ah.... sure, i've all messages backup on my computer... which has also its own backup..
but i would like to keep some important email in my phone..
So.. no way ??  (Only copy/paste app data in rooted devices).

Regards

den31

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 12:54:52 am »
Hello,
I found a solution to my problem.
i delete my account (pop3) and all mails, on my phone ( remember my mails are backup on my  computer).
I set new imap account on my phone (which was empty, as my mails were downloaded on my computer).
i set new imap account on my computer.
On my computeur, i copy my emails (backup) to the new Imap account.
Synchronise my phone....and all mails are back on it.
As my account configuration is now "imap" on my phone..no more problem to change phone.

AquaMail is great app.
Thanks.
Denis

sagican

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 08:07:12 am »
There was a good suggesting about getting messages backed up on a computer onto a phone using imap.  i Have received messages backup on a computer so could careless about those, but now im trying to change over to a imap from a pop 3 and i would like to back up my sent messages that are on aqua mail saved..is that possible at all?

sagican

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 09:00:31 pm »
Thanks for the quick response..the sent messages are only on my device. -Im switching to IMAP so messages will sync between different devices and dont run into issues like this in the future.  i guess I should have switched much sooner but just  learning how its all done....

sagican

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 09:57:16 pm »
Thank you for that suggestion. I was trying to find a away to perhaps disable the pop account (perhaps by renaming it) on aquamail..leaving it viewable, then creating the account again with imap settings, but aqua mail wont let me have an inactive account..or at least i haven't found how to do that... this would be another solution - this way i can at least view the old messages when i need to reference a previously sent message.   any thoughts on that?

mikeone

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 10:38:07 pm »
@Paris Geek
Do you know a way to disable alll sync options (only) for the pop3 account?

mikeone

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 11:12:14 pm »
Thank you for that suggestion. I was trying to find a away to perhaps disable the pop account (perhaps by renaming it) on aquamail..leaving it viewable, then creating the account again with imap settings, but aqua mail wont let me have an inactive account..or at least i haven't found how to do that... this would be another solution - this way i can at least view the old messages when i need to reference a previously sent message.   any thoughts on that?

Could Paris Geek's description be a solution /workaround for you to "disable" your pop3 account?

To disable all synchronization of a POP3 account:

- Long press on account name (in account list) - go to account options

sagican

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 12:33:27 am »
Thanks all for the help.  Now that i was poking around it took two things to do what i wanted. 1. was stopping the sync function on the pop3 account, but also 2. I had to rename the pop account in order to allow aqua mail to create another account with the same email address as AM auto creates the name as it creates the account.  Yippy no more pop3!  thanks again.

mikeone

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 12:59:14 am »
Thanks all for the help.  Now that i was poking around it took two things to do what i wanted. 1. was stopping the sync function on the pop3 account, but also 2. I had to rename the pop account in order to allow aqua mail to create another account with the same email address as AM auto creates the name as it creates the account.  Yippy no more pop3!  thanks again.

Great!
Enjoy with AquaMail...