Author Topic: aadsts90094 Error with Outlook Office 365  (Read 2968 times)

juwin_pt

aadsts90094 Error with Outlook Office 365
« on: December 21, 2018, 05:22:41 pm »
Is there anyway to get around this restriction (see attachment)?

phred

Re: aadsts90094 Error with Outlook Office 365
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 07:13:35 pm »
The answer is right in your screenshot. You need to contact an admin of the account to grant permission to AM.

Looks like it's a corporate email and your IT department controls which email clients can have access.

juwin_pt

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 07:28:17 pm »
The answer is right in your screenshot. You need to contact an admin of the account to grant permission to AM.

Looks like it's a corporate email and your IT department controls which email clients can have access.

Yep, I understand that. But, I am checking if there is a workaround for this. Just like how python/php/etc can send HTTP headers, to pose as Firefox or Chrome browsers, can Aquamail send 'headers' so that it can pose itself as 'Outlook'. Getting IT department to change a policy is like trying to move Mount Everest.

phred

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 07:40:19 pm »
I'm not aware of any way to spoof the header in AM, but perhaps someone else here on the forum has a suggestion.

And I know what you mean about IT departments and policy changes.

plsfixit

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 03:27:44 pm »
Hey There!

I have the very-very same problem. I've just bought aqua mail Pro in order to achieve this (O365 on my own mobile phone so I dont want Microsofts crappy policy enforcer anywhere near my personal device)

The solution which worked well for me was setting the user agent header of the webview as well as setting wide viewport (aka desktop mode)
stackoverflow.com/questions/48051857/how-to-request-desktop-in-a-webview
I've used a simple linux desktop firefox useragent and could log in successfully. However having my own fullscreen androidapp browser is not really as good as having a full-fledged email client..
The only convinience it provides is: no need for URL bar, no need to use a bookmark to get to the login page..
My feature request / Advice would be for the team -if possible- to add some sort of debug option where we can change the user agent string. If it helps I'm more than happy to paste the code piece which allowed me to log in.

Keep up the awesome work you've done so far :) and hope everyone is getting better (C) Soon ^TM.
Chheers!

plsfixit

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 05:33:59 pm »
            WebSettings webSettings = mWebView.getSettings();
            webSettings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
            webSettings.setUserAgentString("Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0");
            webSettings.setLoadWithOverviewMode(true);
            webSettings.setUseWideViewPort(true);           
            mWebView.setWebViewClient(new WebViewClient());