Author Topic: Status bar notification without popup notification  (Read 2342 times)

dkump

Status bar notification without popup notification
« on: July 11, 2017, 03:51:33 am »
I'm trying to setup my notifications for new messages.  I want an icon in my status bar but don't want a popup of the new message to appear.  This is the small windows that displays at the top of the screen for a few seconds and then disappears.  Is there a way to enable the status bar icon without the popup message?  So far, I've only figured out how to disable both or show both.  Is there another setting that lets me show one without the other?  Thanks.

StR

Re: Status bar notification without popup notification
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 04:46:42 am »
I am guessing you might be talking about "toast messages". You can turn them off, there is a separate option for that: Settings,  look and feel, toast messages ( at the bottom).

dkump

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 05:26:59 am »
It's not a toast message.  It's very similar in that it pops up like a toast message, but it's for a new incoming email.  I have toast messages disabled in the Look and Feel options, and tried turning it on/off again and it made no difference.  I can disable the pop up if I disable all notifications, so it's somehow tied to it.  There's just not a way to disable the popup and keep the the status bar icon as far as I can tell.   

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 07:47:27 am »
These "Pop up notifications' should be disabled in

-> Settings -> Message notifications - > uncheck "High priority notifications"

dkump

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 04:28:26 pm »
That fixed it.  I guess I didn't associate the popup with high priority notifications.  Thanks so much.  It was driving me crazy.

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 05:33:12 pm »
That fixed it.  I guess I didn't associate the popup with high priority notifications.  Thanks so much.  It was driving me crazy.
Glad to hear that this option was the solution for your issue.
Thanks for your feedback  8)