Author Topic: Conversations Bug?  (Read 3210 times)

THS79

Conversations Bug?
« on: May 12, 2017, 09:49:04 am »
Hello,

I think there is a bug in conversation mode in official Google play Version (360).

In smartbox i see 2 of my 4 Mails of conversation.

I get an email on 25.4. and marked it with a star.
I answerd on 27.4.  with reply function.
I get an auto response on 27.4.
I get an answer on 28.4.

In smartbox I choose 1 week view.
Conversation mode:

I see 2 mails, the marked one of 25.4. and my reply on 27.4.
The auto response mail isnt shown. And the answer mail of 28.4. isnt shown, too.
If I choose 1 month view I see the mail of 28.4. but not the auto response mail.

In Account view (not in smartbox) I see 3 mails of conversation but not the auto response mail.

All mails were handled with AM.

IMAP Account from Domain Factory.

My normal view mode is without conversation. Sometimes I have to switch it on to follow a conversation after days.

It would be great to get a toggle to switch between conversation mode for that.

Do I have a faster option to follow a conversation?
Sometimes I would like to see my reply of an mail. Then I have to search manual or to set conversation mode in settings.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you very much,
Thomas

THS79

Re: Conversations Bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 02:34:16 pm »
Hello,
I attached some screenshots.

In conversation I am T...

The auto response mail isn´t shown, see "All related emails".
In smartfolder the time setting isn´t clear. Because why I see the 27.4. but not the 28.4. message!?

Thank you very much,

Thomas

THS79

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 02:36:22 pm »
One more attachement...

THS79

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 02:39:27 pm »
Auto response mail.

Thank you very much,

Thomas

THS79

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 02:58:20 pm »
The setting break on subject change doesn't change the behaviour.

Combine on sender + subject not, too.

Thanks,

Thomas

StR

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 03:10:57 pm »
Aquamail groups conversations based on one of the two factors:
1. Headers that are generated by the e-mail app/program used to do a response/forward, etc.
(In-reply-to: and References: that have common message-id numbers)
And in this case, "break on subject change" will break the conversation or not when the subject is different (excluding prefixes and suffixes such as "Re:" "Fwd:", etc.)
2. (if configured) by the combination of the sender/recipient+subject.

First of all, the subject of the autoresponse is completely different. So, even if there were headers that were linking the messages, "Break on subject" would separate that autoresponse from the conversation thread.
But in this case, the autoresponse is most likely generated by the program that does not do a thorough "reply", but just sends a message to the address, and so, it doesn't include any reference to the original message in the headers. (I see that you just posted response that changing "Break on subject" didn't make any difference.)

Finally, even if you enabled the option to use the scenario 2 above, - the subject is different, so, Aquamail wouldn't combine them using that scenario.

This addresses the issue of the "autoresponse" message.

I don't know why the response from your correspondent is not grouped in the Smart Folder. It might be related to the settings of which messages should be included in the Smart Folder (only unread, etc.) Sorry, I am not using Smart Folder myself, so, I have limited experience with that. Somebody will respond to you about that...

THS79

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 01:14:15 am »
Thank you for your help.

But one question.

In smartfolder with setting view one week and the first message marked with a star.
I see my reply message but not the answer one day later!?

I get the mail 25.4. and marked thid with star.
I reply on 27.4. (this message is shown)
I get an answer on 28.4. which is not shown.

If i change the smartfolder setting for example to one month I see the message of 28.4. too.

Why is it so?

Thank you very much,

Thomas

StR

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 03:07:13 am »
But one question.

In smartfolder with setting view one week and the first message marked with a star.
I see my reply message but not the answer one day later!?

I get the mail 25.4. and marked thid with star.
I reply on 27.4. (this message is shown)
I get an answer on 28.4. which is not shown.

I think I might know the answer to this question:
If I understand your "smart folder" configuration correctly, the messages you should see in it are those that are:
(1) new (from the specified period of time) or
(2) starred.

Additionally, you configured to (A) include "Sent" messages in the conversations.
So, here the reasons you see your messages in the conversation:
25.4 : (2)
Reply on 27.4: (A)
The message on 28.4 is beyond 1 week and not starred, so, that's the reason it doesn't show: it is neither in Smart Folder, no in Sent.

Note that they are all beyond the 1-week period already (Today is May 12, and those were in April.)

If i change the smartfolder setting for example to one month I see the message of 28.4. too.

Why is it so?

Because then that message, being within the last month, is in the Smart Folder (according to (2)), and it is shown in the conversation.