Author Topic: Retaining certain emails  (Read 2007 times)

someone

Retaining certain emails
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:22:27 am »
Current setup :
1. On my PC I use Thunderbird with pop3 accounts which delete messages from the server after download because I prefer to keep my emails on my PC.

2. On my phone I use Aquamail in IMAP setup, leaving read messages on the server for later download to my pc. When I delete unwanted messages on the phone they are deleted from the server too to avoid re-downloading them a second time to the PC. Messages I read but want to keep are not deleted on AM and therefore remain on the server for later download to the PC. The phone syncs with the server and deletes messages no longer on the server.

But.... every now and then there are a very few emails I want to keep on my phone, such as hotel and airline confirmations that I will need during travel a couple of months down the road. Does Aquamail have a mechanism to keep "a few selected" emails on the phone till I specifically delete them? Now, once downloaded to the PC, they are no longer on the server and therefore disappear from AM on the phone. I have had to reforward those emails from my PC to myself just before traveling but that method leaves a lot to be desired.

Is there a better way? Thanks.

StR

Re: Retaining certain emails
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 04:30:11 am »
I do not see any reasonable solution in the way you have things set up.
Aquamail cannot save messages locally (in a separate, local folder).

One workaround would be to save the desired messages via "Share" in a different app (e.g. Text Editor, PDF-creator, etc.) In that case the message would be saved in the format specific to that app (.txt, .pdf, etc.) You'd have to experiment and find which format works best for you.

someone

Re: Retaining certain emails
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 05:30:04 pm »
That's what I thought. Thanks.