Author Topic: Too many IMAP Push connections  (Read 20344 times)

Tronic

Re: Too many IMAP Push connections
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 02:46:08 pm »
One other thing to keep in mind -- Dovecot sends dummy "keep-alive" packets as well, and they will wake up the device.

<not allowed external link> 
Maybe have a look at:
http:// razor.occams.info/blog/2014/08/09/how-bad-is-imap-idle/
Sorry, for that, but I get a message "Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links.". Why ever!

Finally, it is of course possible that I have a bug somewhere :)
That is possible any time in any software ;-)

I was observing Aqua Mail and K-@ Mail the last days and recognized the battery consumption of both is nearly the same, but K-@ has 2.5 times more push folders. Anyway Aqua has a much more WakeLocks and CPU activity (see screenshots).

So, still the question why not raise the limit for push folders up to 50 or 100 and set a default at 25?

Best regards,
Tom

Tronic

Re: Too many IMAP Push connections
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 10:20:39 am »
Hi, could you elaborate on the few options missing? Thanks
Hi, I will try to elaborate it at weekend, because I'm a bit busy at the moment.
If the "feature request" forum would be open I did it there ;)

Tronic

Missing settings
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 04:26:38 pm »
Hi, could you elaborate on the few options missing? Thanks
I use the German version and I don't know the exact translations for the settings, but I will do my best  ;)

1) Sync settings
I just can choose "monitor all", "sync even if auto-sync is off" or "sync even if backgorund data is off". In some situation (like locations without internet connection) I need an option to disable synchronization complete with on switch. I miss at least "sync off if auto-sync is off" or "never sync" as a global option

2) User interface - landscape mode
For portrait mode I'm able to set, if I want to you split view (mail list and mail view) and how (vertical or horizontal). For landscape mode there is no setting and I have split view - if I want it or not!

3) Mail view - list of known senders
I can just delete the whole list of known senders. It would be nice to edit it or better to use an existing address book (on top of existing contacts) for known senders like in Thunderbird.

4) Account > Options and folders > account settings
The option "folder sorting" should be available as a global option for all accounts with possibility to overwrite that per account like other options (e. g. sync settings).

5) Account > Options and folders > folders
I have some sub folders in inbox (in German "Posteingang") and these are displayed near bottom aof the account list - instead of inbox. An additional setting "show at top of folder list" for displaying them below inbox (like in K-@) would be nice.
List of folders displayed at the moment:
  • Posteingang
  • A_folder
  • B_folder
  • Posteingang.Subfolder1
  • Posteingang.Subfolder2
  • Z_folder

List of folders displayed with "option "show at top":
  • Posteingang
  • Posteingang.Subfolder1
  • Posteingang.Subfolder2
  • A_folder
  • B_folder
  • Z_folder

6) User interface, account list or where ever
An option to show special folders ([Sent], [Drafts], ...) at the top of folder list instead of bottom.

This is what I found for the moment. 1, 2 and 5 are "must haves" for me and rest is just "nice to have".