Author Topic: Option to automatically have Mobile View in Portrait, Standard View in Landscape  (Read 15408 times)

wernst

So I was thinking about how I view my HTML mail on my device, and I had a crazy idea.

When I am viewing my mail in Portrait mode (that is, a vertical screen), I know that fancy HTML mail is NOT going to display well without a lot of horizontal scrolling, so I like the Mobile View.

However, when I turn my device on its side for Landscape mode, I can almost always see fancy HTML file beautifully without needing to scroll horizontally at all with the Standard View, or at least, very minimally.

So it dawned on me how great it would be if there were an option in Aquamail to just have the the viewing mode switched automatically depending on the orientation of my screen: Mobile View for portrait and Standard View for landscape. That way, one could save toolbar space by not needing a Mobile View button, and the switch between views would be optimized for the screen orientation almost as if by magic.

Any thoughts on this crazy idea?

-Warr

Rachel Ambler

• Responsis, plura interrogandi
    • Random Thunks
I'll give you a +0.5 on this one because it sounds interesting... :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Nacos

Fully supporting the idea!

At some point I was thinking about it and tried to make it work using Tasker - but it got too complicated so I just left it. However adding an option (as in on/off) to automatically switch to full screen when in landscape and revert to normal view when in portrait (exactly like BoatBrowser) would be absolutely great - and most likely very well received by all your users. Please don't remove the current (manual) excellent switch!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:26:33 am by Nacos »