AquaMail is an email app for Internet and Exchange mail, for Android 2.1 and higher.
Easy automatic setup for popular email services: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, FastMail, Apple mail services (@me.com / @mac.com), GMX, AOL, and more. Recognizes mail accounts at domains hosted by Google Apps, Yahoo BizMail, Office 365, and others.
Works with many other email services via standard Internet email protocols (IMAP, POP3, SMTP) as well as Microsoft’s EWS (Exchange Web Services) protocol.
Microsoft Exchange is supported via IMAP or EWS. EWS includes access to server side contacts (personal and global, with lookup), and accepting meetings that can later be viewed in Outlook and other apps.
Easy automatic setup for Office 365 and Exchange Online.
Push mail for IMAP (instant incoming email delivery) for those servers that support the IDLE extension (Gmail, GMX, AOL… not supported by Yahoo).
Plays well with other email apps that you may be using to access your IMAP or EWS mailbox. Uses existing folder structure, can synchronize drafts, sent, and deleted messages.
Can save attachments on the memory card, can attach any file type (a file manager is required for picking, my favorites are ES Explorer and Solid Explorer).
Widgets (two kinds: message counts and message list) can be configured for a specific account / folder / smart folder (unified inbox).
Message auto-fit (like in Gmail) on Android 4.0 and above.
Rich text formatting when composing messages, including the signature (font style, color, size; embedded images, including in the signature).
Seamless viewing of winmail.dat attachments (Microsoft Outlook message format) and attached .eml messages.
A built-in address picker where you can select groups (all at once or individual items), recent addresses not entered into the system’s Contacts app, and Exchange server side contacts.
Built-in Android Wear support, including proper “stream of cards” presentation of messages, and replying by voice input, since version 1.5.1.
Gmail’s OAUTH2 (“more secure” authentication) since version 1.5.1.
Lots of settings and options let you configure the application just the way you would like.
- Tasker (change settings, check mail, trigger events based on received messages since 1.5.0)
- Light Flow (advanced LED controls)
- Enhanced SMS & Caller ID (reads messages aloud)
- Cloud Print (by Paolo Fernandes, can print HTML messages with formatting and images)
- Apex Launcher Pro and Nova Launcher Prime / Tesla Unread (unread count overlay on the app icon)
- Smart Launcher 2 / Smart Launcher Notifications (unread count overlay)
- Executive Assistant (integrated notification widget)
- Droid Notify (popup window notifications)
- Listener Launcher (an alternative amongst launchers)
- DashClock Widget (lock screen widgets for Android 4.2+)
- TalkBack (accessibility service)
Comes in two versions, Lite and Pro
- The Lite version is limited to two accounts, has no support for additional per-account identities, and adds a promo signature linking to this site to all outgoing messages.
- The Pro version removes the above limitations.
The Lite version can be upgraded to Pro by purchasing a separate Unlocker app on Google Play or without Play, from a Candian e-commerce company, PayPro Global. Upgrading preserves existing accounts, settings, and messages.
The unlocker is priced at $4.95.